If you have activities with schedules that vary throughout the session and you would like to be able to match your different schedules to the same activity, the fully flexible schedule has been developed for you and will now be able to meet all your needs!
How to make your first flexible schedule?
First, complete the “Information” section, by completing all sections with an asterisk. Then you can start making your schedules!
By clicking on “Add Schedule”, the window in which the editing of your schedules will be made will appear. From this window, you can add the desired number of recurrences, enter the start and end date, assign a facility as well as one or more staff members.
NOTE: I advise you to create your staff members and your facilities before you start creating your schedules (for those who use this module). If not, take a look at our article: How to create a new facility, to help answer any questions about this.
Four types of occurrences are available to you:
- One time only;
- Every day;
- Every week;
- Every month.
Note: From the recurrence “Every week” add as many new schedules as you want, since the hours of the activity can vary from one week to another.
Then, you can select how often the recurrences will repeat. Here are some examples, is it every week, every two weeks or four weeks? You decide!
Once you have completed your first schedule, press “save”!
Note that you can add more than one schedule for a single activity to suit your needs. You can also assign different facilities and staff to your created schedules.
For example, your session offers a training schedule, a competition schedule, and unique workshops, all off which can easily be added to the activity by selection the correct types of occurrences for each schedule.
Once your schedules are created, you can now make sure your occurrences do not have conflicts. By clicking on “click here to modify the occurrences” you can see the parameters of each occurrence and modify them in case of problem (conflict).
Two types of filters are available to you:
- By occurrence type:
- Conflicts: This filter allows you to see all occurrences with conflicts. Conflicts can be caused either by two activities occurring at the same time, or by two activities or occurrences with the same facility and/or staff. Don’t worry each conflict has an explanation message attached!
- Holidays: By filtering by holiday, it is possible to determine whether the occurrence will occur. If it takes place, there is nothing to change, however if the occurrence does not occur, check the box under the column “Skip”.
- Modified Occurrences: When you make changes to an instance, it is possible to see all changes made by filtering by “modified instances”.
- By start date and end date: This filter allows you to see all the occurrences that will take place over a specific period.
Note, it is possible to modify the occurrences when you create your schedules.
How to manage scheduling conflicts?
When creating your schedules, if you mistakenly enter the same facility as another activity taking place at the same time, the system will notify you of the conflicts created.
By clicking on you will be able to see all the occurrences that conflict with your activity, moreover, if you click on a new window will open to the activity causing the conflict.
Then two options are available to you:
- You can click on “Click here to edit the occurrences” to correct the conflicts.
- You can back up despite conflicts and correct the conflicts from the other activities.
NOTE: if you press save, you can always go to your instances and edit them by clicking “Click here to edit the occurrences”.
From this view, each occurrence with are occurrences that include a conflict with another activity. Clicking on the little will make details appear. It is also possible to change the start or end date, time, board and/or staff depending on the cause of the conflict. It is always possible to cancel an occurrence by checking the box under the “Skip” column.