Learn how to prepare yourself for the upcoming tax and RL-24 season!
The RL-24 tax credit is for childcare services and not for evening or extracurricular activities. The activity must take place during the day. RL-24's are only available to organizations based in Quebec.
Be sure to complete the following steps:
Who can Generate RL-24's?
- Summer Camps
- Boarding Schools
- Day Camps
- Preschool Education Centers
Reconciliation is the process of associating client payments to corresponding invoice items. This allows you to know exactly which item has been paid for, which is mandatory when generating RL-24’s.
To view unreconciled payments, credit and reimbursements:
- For RL-24 eligible items only, access the list of these items via the Finance>RL-24 Tax Credit sub-tab. This list is available in Step-2.
- For all unreconciled items, click on the Clients>Unreconciled items sub-tab. Using the Date added column; filter for the most recent transactions. Clicking on the Receipt ID directs you to the payment, where you can link it to the appropriate invoice item(s).
To perform the reconciliation, you can:
- Manually reconcile each account individually.
- Use the Account Reconciliation tool via Clients>Operations to automatically reconcile items on an oldest to newest basis. We suggest filtering for accounts with transactions dating in 2018.
Clients must provide their SIN number to be eligible to receive an RL-24 tax credit.
Information that must be up to date in the client's account:
- Child's first and last name;
- First and last name of adult(s) who will receive the tax credit;
- Social insurance number (SIN) for adult(s) who will receive the tax credit;
- Full address;
- Specify if the tax credit is remitted 100% to the 1rst or 2nd guardian, or 50/50; and
- If applicable, ensure the 2nd guardian's information is within the account.
Export a list of clients with missing SIN numbers by program via Finance>Old Reports>For this program only-RL-24 Tax Credit. This list is also available in Step-4.
We strongly recommend sending a communication to your clients informing them of these requirements.
Click here to use our email template.
Access your client email addresses by program via Finance>Old Reports> Status reports.
Use the Finance>RL-24 Tax Credit sub-tab when ready to generate your RL-24's. You can start generating them now however they can only be sent to the government starting February 4th through February 28th. Amilia breaks it down into 5 steps. Click here for more detailed instructions.
Once they have been approved by the government and your organization has made them available, clients will have access to their RL-24's via the Documents tab in their Amilia user account.