The set up for drop-in classes starts out just like traditional session-based activities, but it does present a few peculiarities.
CAUTION: An activity must be programmed for each time slot. For example:
- Zumba class takes places on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6pm. To sell it as a drop-in (one class at a time), create a single activity, because class takes place at the same time every day.
- Zumba class takes place on Mondays at 5pm and on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6pm. To sell it as drop ins, create two activities: one for the 5pm time slot (recurring every Monday) and one for the 6pm time slot (recurring on Tuesdays and Thursdays).
- Set the activity's schedule the same way you would for a session, for the entire period during which this class will be offered, by providing a beginning date, a schedule and either and end date or a number of recurrences, per usual.
- If you have programmed holidays in the calendar:
- Check the box(es) if the activity will take place in spite of the programmed holiday(s).
- Leave the box unchecked if the activity will not be taking place on the programmed holidays.
DROP IN SECTION
- Check the box to Enable purchasing this activity as a drop-in.
- Provide the price for A SINGLE CLASS.
- Determine the number of available spaces. Note : If you are also selling this activity as a session, the number of available spaces for the entire session is added to the number of available spots for drop-ins. Consequently, if you have 5 drop-in spots available and 25 spots for the session, a total of 30 people are likely to show up on any given class.
- Should you wish to do so, the registration Start and End dates will let you limit how early/late people can register for each instance of the class (you could decide, for example, that you are no longer accepting registrations 24 hours before the beginning of a class).
If you are also selling this activity as a full session, it's also possible to program the Session section of the activity to set a price for the entire session.