Establishing your facility schedule(s) makes it easier to visualize your availability and saves you time when booking an activity or manually renting out a space for a client.
Facilities can be reserved in two ways:
- Link your facility to an activity: Linking a facility to an activity in the Activities module will automatically update the facility's schedule. Click here to find out more!
- Reserve your facility manually: You can manually add reservations via the Calendar subtab, either on a one time basis or create recurring events. You may choose to include an invoice with your booking.
If you wanted to create a rental contract for your facility reservation, then click here.
Continue reading to learn how to book a client reservation for a Facility via the Resources module.
Create a Reservation
Access the Facility's schedule
Via the Resources>Facilities subtab, click on the icon next to the applicable facility to access its schedule.
You can also select the Calendar subtab to access the schedule for all facilities. From there, you can choose the facility you wish to book.
Book a time slot
Toggle your calendar to the preferred view:
To book your time slot, click on the desired spot on the calendar or select .
Configure your Reservation
- Booking with an invoice: Choose if you want to create an invoice for the reservation.
- Location: Confirm the facility in which you want to create the booking.
- Recurrence: Define your event's schedule.
NOTE: To include an invoice with your booking, you must create a price schedule in the Rentals module.
- Event Type: Select a preset event type (programmed in Resources>Booking Types). Click here for more information on adding/customizing booking types.
- Name: Every booking needs a name. This is the name that will appear in the calendar.
- Description: Descriptions are useful to add details to bookings but are not mandatory.
- Conflicts: If a reservation has a conflict with an existing booking, you'll notice this icon, with details pertaining to which booking is already in the schedule. You can choose to delete/modify your reservation, or save anyway.
Booking with an Invoice
You'll notice extra tabs appear in the configuration window if you select to book your reservation with an invoice.
Once you a booking with an invoice, it creates an invoice in the client's file. The only way to remove this type of booking is by deleting it within the client's billing account.
Choose one client who will receive the invoice:
- Add new client: Add a new client if they do not already exist in your database; or
- Search name: Search the database and Select an existing client profile.
The invoice will appear in the client's billing tab:
Select one of two Pricing Types:
- Price Schedule: A great way to price a facility based on time reserved. Click here to find out how to create Price Schedules in the Rentals module.
- Flat Fee: Create a flat fee for the reservation, including applicable taxes.
NOTE: You can't edit or delete the booking unless you cancel the invoice in the client's account.
Remember to your reservation when finished!
How do I edit/delete a Reservation?
If your facility is linked to an activity, you will need to delete or change the activity's schedule.
If your facility is reserved with a manual booking, simply click on the booking and Edit the event:
- Video- Intro to the Facility and Resource module;
- How to customize Booking types;
- How to link a Facility to an activity;
- How to create a Price schedule;
- How to create a Rental contract; and
- How to cancel an invoice and issue a refund.