The calendar is an essential tool for its organization, it serves to display the days to which your organization is open as well as the closing days.
How to schedule a closing day?
Why add a closing day? It may be that your organization is closed for a specific holiday or for a a holiday, however you must make sure to inform your customers. This is why the calendar allows you to schedule closing days.
- Go to the Account > Calendar tab;
- The current date will be automatically highlighted;
- Click the date on which you want to schedule a closing day, or from the Operations menu, choose +New and change the date in the new window for the good one;
4. Enter the requested information in the Holiday window, then click Save.
NOTE: To add other closing days, you can repeat the steps explained above.
Are activities affected by a closed day?
It is possible to determine whether or not the closing day will apply to the activity. For example, one of your activities might be available despite the closing day. It is up to you to determine whether the activity will occur or not.
Here are the steps:
- On the Activities > Edit, click the name of the activity to which you want to make changes;
- In the Schedule section > Public Holidays;
- Check the box if the activity will OCCUR despite the closing;
- Leave it blank if the activity will not take palce.
NOTE : The number of occurences is updated automatically based on what you select.
WHERE WILL YOUR CLIENT SEE YOUR CALENDAR HOLIDAYS?
- Session activities:
Holidays are automatically displayed under the Details for activities.
NOTE : Other holidays will not be displayed if they do not coincide with the activity's schedule.
- Drop-in Activities:
For drop-in activities, holidays are clearly indicated on the calendar as well as on the page's header.
- On a participant's invoice:
Holidays will also appear on a participant's invoice once a registration is completed.