Tracking your direct and indirect costs is easy with Amilia's cost recovery functionality! Following an import, you have the ability to add or remove costs as you see fit.
The Cost Recovery>Costs tab is where you'll find the list of your direct and indirect costs which Amilia uses to calculate the cost recovery percentage:
NOTE: You will have already created your list of costs in the Cost recovery import template. However, you can always add or remove costs via the Costs sub-tab.
Listing Direct Costs
List all the direct costs related to running your individual activities.
- New direct cost: Create a new line to add your new cost item.
- Description: Edit the title of your cost (ex: Basketballs, Gym mats, Swim coaches, etc.)
- Amount: How much does the item cost? Indicate the amount in relation to the attribution.
- Cost Attribution: How will the costs will be calculated per item?
NOTE: Direct costs are calculated by linking them to each individual activity.
Listing Administrative Costs
Administrative costs are categorized as a type of indirect cost. They are related to running the organization that do not include activity or facility related expenses.
- New Administrative Cost: Create a new line to add you new cost item.
- Description: Edit the title of your cost (ex: WiFi, Office Manager, Work vehicles, etc.)
- Amount: How much does the item cost? Indicate the amount in relation to the Frequency.
- Frequency: What is the cost frequency?
NOTE: A % of the total Administrative Costs are applied on each individual activity based on the total costs that have occurred for each one.
Listing Facility Costs
A facility is categorized as a type of indirect cost. You'll have created new facilities using the import template. You'll link your facilities to your activities in the Cost Recovery sub-tab.
If you missed adding a facility in your initial import, you can also create new facilities in the Resources module.
- Name: Assign a name to your facility cost.
- Cost: How much does the item cost? Indicate the amount in relation to the Frequency.
- Location: Which Facility is linked to the cost?
- Frequency: How often does the cost occur?
NOTE: A percentage of the Facility Costs are applied on activities (linked to the facility) based on the total hours that have occurred in the activity.
- Manage your Activities in Cost Recovery;
- Uploading the Cost Recovery Template;
- Cost Recovery; and
- Video- Intro to Facility and Resource Management.