You can always access and modify your user account settings and consents via the Settings tab.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a set of rules governing personal data collection, privacy, and protection for all individuals within the European Union and the European Economic Area. It also addresses the export of personal data outside the EU and EEA areas.
In addition to adhering to these guidelines, we offer all users the ability to:
- Request to download all data they've shared on the platform;
- Grant consent to share data with different organizations;
- Request to withdraw consent to share data with different organizations; and
- Request to delete all data they've shared on the platform.
Download your Data
Via the Settings tab, scroll down and hit . A copy of your request will be sent to you by email.
Grant or Withdraw Consent to Share Data
An organization must have your consent to share your data in order to make a purchase in their Amilia store.
To view your consents, click on Manage your consents. A drop-down list will appear with the name of each organization. These are stores where you added one of their products to your shopping cart.
When will I be asked for consent?
Consent is requested while shopping in an organization's Amilia store.
This appears when:
- A new user creates a user account from any organization's Amilia Store page;
- A user adds an item to their cart from any organization's store for the first time; and
- An organization's administrator purchases an item on behalf of a new user.
If an organization's administrator makes a purchase on your behalf, it's implied you granted your consent prior to the purchase. Amilia records whether consent was given via an admin or a client user.
If you made purchases from an organization prior to September 2018 then consent was implied when you proceeded through checkout. You can manage your consents in the Settings tab at any time.
How do I withdraw my consent?
To withdraw consent from individual organizations, click on Manage your consents and remove the checkmark next to its name. Save your changes.
Sharing your SIN
You’re under no obligation to share your social insurance number. However, residents in the province of Quebec are eligible for yearly tax credits if a child is enrolled in camp and/or daycare services. RL-24 slips can only be remitted if the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) provide their SIN to the applicable organization(s).
This information is encrypted before being saved in our database. You, the organization administrator and the provincial government (if applicable) have access to this data.
You can add your SIN during checkout or add/modify this information in your personal account.
Delete your Data
When you request data deletion, your information stored with Amilia will be deleted.
Once completed, your user account will be deleted.
NOTE: Requests for data, data deletion, and consent withdrawal are not processed immediately. You will receive a follow-up to your request within 14 days.
- How to change my password;
- How to change my username;
- How to add or modify my SIN;
- How to browse an Amilia Store online; and
- Manage emails from Amilia and other organizations.