Clients can save their credit card and authorize your organization to use it.
Say goodbye to chasing credit card numbers for charges and balances! Amilia gives you the tools to support your client payment needs; from rerunning failed payments, tuition and automated payments to batch invoicing and billing on the fly.
Our Card on File feature offers organizations the ability to:
- Offer a faster checkout experience;
- Charge clients' credit cards directly and clear balances;
- Charge multiple clients simultaneously;
- Set up new installment plans in a client's file;
- Securely manage sensitive card information.
NOTE: This feature set is only available for organizations using Paysafe as their merchant account provider. Only clients can update their credit card on file.
How it Works
Clients can save their credit card information; meaning they won’t need to input card details every time they make a purchase. Additionally, they can authorize your organization to use the card on file for future payments. Click here for additional details.
If a client has authorized your organization to use their card on file, you can charge them using the saved card details.
- Via Clients>Accounts (or People) add the search filter: Saved credit card>Yes.
- Fine-tune your search results by program, activity and/or membership by filtering via the People subtab.
- NOTE: Unauthorized organizations cannot filter or access a saved card on file.
Add a purchase on behalf of your client and proceed through admin checkout as usual.
- Select the entire amount or specify if it's a partial payment.
- Unauthorized organizations must input the client's credit card information as usual.
- Authorized organizations will see saved credit card details populate.
- You can change the billing information (i.e. address) if required.
- Use a different credit card if you need to use a card other than the saved credit card. NOTE: If you use a different credit card, you cannot save that credit card information. Also, you cannot use a different card when purchasing a subscription for a client with a saved credit card.
- Click Pay Now to create a payment receipt in the client's account, which is automatically reconciled to the invoice.
NOTE: A billing address is necessary as clients sometimes use addresses other than their home address. Not only are refused payments reduced, but it also ensures compliance with the most current security measures recommended by payment processors. Click here to learn more!
Settle a client’s outstanding balance within their account via Operations or via an invoice.
- Select Make a Payment and choose ‘Card saved to account’.
- Encrypted credit card information auto-populates.
NOTE: Credit card information is not saved in Amilia. It is sent to the payment processor which adheres to the strict PCI guidelines which stipulate rules to ensure confidential information is protected. All requests are sent over HTTPS which uses TLS1.2 as a means of encrypting data. This protocol ensures data is encrypted in a way that is unbreakable.
Set up custom installments and payment amounts in a client's account via Operations or via an invoice.
- Select Make a payment and choose Card saved to account.
- Check the Installments option and proceed with configuration.
NOTE: You cannot access the card on file when updating information for existing planned payments. If necessary, cancel the existing planned payments and then reconfigure the installments via an invoice, as mentioned above.
Mass charging cards on file may come in handy when:
- Charging late fees;
- Charging for extras that are not found in your Amilia store;
- Processing payments for multiple customers in the same activity.
Create a Mass Invoice Followed by a Mass Charge
Before taking payment, create a mass invoice for fees/extras not found in your Amilia store:
- Via the Clients>People subtab, filter for the clients you wish to invoice. Results are per page.
- Select one or several client accounts to invoice by applying a next to their names. To choose all accounts per page, check the first box on the left.
- Via Operations, select 'Create Invoice' and configure your invoice.
- An invoice is created per person.
- Repeat these steps for each page of results.
- You may also create an invoice in an individual client account by accessing their respective Client Billing subtab>Operations>Create Invoice.
- NOTE: You may also filter by Account, in which case you would be applying an invoice to the account owner only.
Take Payment by Mass Charging
When an invoice exists (by purchasing in your store or by creating a mass invoice) you may proceed with mass charging cards on file.
- Via Clients>People (or Accounts), filter for the clients you just invoiced.
- Apply a filter for saved credit card and select applicable clients.
- Via Operations, select Mass charge credit card. Add notes if necessary.
- If you filtered by People, a charge is applied for each participant on the list. In the case of Accounts, a charge is applied per account, regardless of the amount of participants within the account.
- The amount you charge will create a payment receipt (not reconciled). Click here for more information about reconciling payments with invoices.
- Repeat these steps for each page of results.
Card on File simplifies payments by streamlining online and in-person transactions!
We are committed to providing you with the tools you need to facilitate and automate payment. If you have any feedback and ideas on how we can further improve payment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- How your Client Saves their Credit Card on File
- Automated Subscriptions
- Recurring Payment Solutions- Programming Installments
- Editing Installments in a Customer's Account
- Creation of mass invoices/credits
- Making a purchase for your customers
- Merchant Account & Processing Fees FAQ