Give your clients the ability to book private lessons anywhere, anytime, from any device. Amilia's Private Lessons module automates private lesson availability in real-time based on your facility and staff schedules. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to try it as a Beta tester!
Many organizations are undoubtedly familiar with the challenges related to managing, coordinating and scheduling private lessons. Trying to anticipate or secure time slots based on fluctuating client, instructor and facility availability is time consuming and needlessly ties up your resources.
Amilia's Private Lessons feature automates this process by:
- Providing an easy-to-use template to create your private lessons and make them available in your Amilia store;
- Allowing you to link customized registration forms to get the information you need;
- Updating Private Lesson availability based on staff availability and facility bookings;
- Giving your clients 100% mobile optimized freedom to search and register for private lessons; and
- Minimizing no-shows by sending calendar notifications to both the instructor(s) and participant(s).
Amilia's activities, facilities and staff scheduling modules work in tandem with your private lessons to display accurate, real-time availability without administrator intervention. Let us do the work for you!
A little setup goes a long way! Ensure your private lessons offer accurate availability by reviewing this checklist:
How it Works
- Create a New Private Lesson.
- How Private Lessons use Staff and Facility availability.
- How do Clients Purchase Private Lessons?
- Calendar updates.
There are differences when creating and selling your Private Lessons vs your other activities.
Private lessons are created via the Activities>Private Lessons sub-tab. In addition, they are located in a section apart from the rest of your activities in your Amilia Store:
- Name and Description: This information is visible to your client in your Amilia Store.
- Forms: Choose an existing form or create a new one (if applicable). If no form is chosen, participants will only confirm their address information during registration.
- Staff Members and Facilities: Assign staff and facilities. The schedule for your private lesson is automatically generated based on your staff and facility availability.
- Visibility: Make your private lesson visible or hidden to participants.
- Additional Settings: The minimum amount of advance that the lesson must be booked.
- Price: Define the cost of the private lesson per unit of time.
Private Lessons also differ from your regular activities in the sense that schedules are not configured manually. The schedule for a private lesson is automatically generated based on the availability of the staff member and facility assigned to it.
In the screenshot below, a participant has the option to book a private lesson on the 27th of November at 3:00 PM and/or 4:00 PM.
- Dates with availability are labeled with a .
- The instructor's availability indicates they are available to work at this time.
- The Facility where the private lesson is taking place is also available at this time.
- Staff and the facility must be free in order to display an availability in Private Lessons.
NOTE: In order to rely on the accuracy of your private lesson availability, it's important that your staff members and facilities are assigned to the rest of your activity roster in the Activities tab.
Suggested Facility Setup
Understanding how Parent and Child facilities work will ensure your private lesson availability displays as expected.
A Parent location is the main facility, which can be divided into parts (Child facilities). When a parent location is booked, it reserves all the Child facilities within it. A building can be divided into rooms, each of which can be reserved independently. If the entire building is booked, all Child facilities are automatically booked as well.
A Child facility is a part of the parent location. When booked, only that portion of the main facility (Parent location) is in use. For example, one room (child facility) within a building is reserved. All other rooms (child facilities) are available.
Assuming your private lessons don't have a designated room and just require some space, here's an example of how you can set up your facilities:
1. Add your Parent facility.
2. Add your Child facilities (break down your Parent facility/location).
3. Add Child facilities designated for Private Lessons. In terms of how many to create, think about how many private lessons you can offer while your facilities are in use.
When assigning your facilities to your activities, keep in mind:
- Don't assign the Parent Facility unless there's an activity that uses the whole location.
- Assign your regular group activities to the appropriate Child facility (ex:Main Gym).
- Assign a Private Lesson facility to your Private Lesson.
Participants can register by clicking on the designated Private Lessons tab in your Amilia Store.
NOTE: Currently, administrators cannot register a client to a private lesson on their behalf. This function will be added as we continue to develop the feature.
- All visible private lessons will be displayed on the main page.
- Click on the > icon to select the private lesson and view its availability.
- Continue shopping to return to the main store page and enroll additional participants.
Purchase with a MultiPass
Clients can easily enroll in private lessons using a multipass.
- Via the Memberships>MultiPass subtab, create a new multipass or edit an existing one.
- Scroll down to the Activities section.
- Add eligible private lessons to the multipass.
- NOTE: All clients who own a membership with private lessons enabled will be able to enroll with their multipass.
Clients can see when a multipass is eligible for private lessons:
- By clicking the + icon, clients can view the list of eligible lessons.
- They must first purchase the multipass and proceed through checkout before it can be used to enroll in a private lesson.
- Once purchased, clients can click to Reserve their spot immediately, which redirects them the front page of the Store.
- If a client has an eligible multipass, a remaining pass will automatically be used.
- If a client does not have a multipass, they will pay as usual.
Amilia keeps everyone updated when booking Private Lessons!
- Participants and assigned staff receive an email and calendar invitation;
- Staff can view their updated schedules using the Amilia app;
- Facility calendars automatically update in the Resources>Calendar sub-tab; and
- Staff schedules automatically update in the Staff Management>Schedule sub-tab.
Our Private Lesson feature is under active development! If you have any ideas or feedback on how we can improve, we'd love to hear from you at email@example.com
- Staff Management;
- Scheduling Activities and Managing Conflicts;
- Creating Facilities;
- How to Program your Calendar; and
- Amilia App for Staff;