Managing activity lineups has never been easier with our Fully Flexible Scheduling tool. Build variable schedules, assign facilities, staff and take control over every activity occurrence.
When creating an activity, you must establish its agenda in the Schedule & Resources section. Some activities may have varying schedules, staff, and locations on a weekly (or daily) basis.
Our tool streamlines activity scheduling by granting the ability to:
- Create multiple schedules for each activity;
- Assign facilities and staff per occurrence; and
- Be notified of conflicts and address each one accordingly.
How it Works
If you are assigning Staff and Facilities to your activities, we recommend configuring their availability before defining your activity schedules; as this greatly improves identifying schedule conflicts.
4. Manage Schedule conflicts (if any).
Via Activities>Edit, complete the Information section of your activity before proceeding with the Schedule & Resources section.
- Click 'Add Schedule'.
- Recurrence: Does this schedule occur once, every day, every week or every month? NOTE: For weekly occurrences, personalize the schedule for each day of the week.
- Define the frequency and Start/End Date.
Once you have completed your first schedule, hit 'Save'. If need be, add more than one schedule per activity under the Schedule & Resources section by clicking 'Add Schedule'.
- 'Assign to facility' and\or 'Assign staff' for One-time, Daily and Monthly recurrences.
- For Weekly recurrences refer to the 'Repeat on' section. Click '+Add a new schedule' to define Staff and Facilities for each day of the week the activity takes place.
You may want to customize specific occurrences where activities are taking place on a different day, time, location and/or being supervised by another staff member. To modify an activity's individual instances, select 'Click here to save and modify the occurrence(s).'
- Edit any instance without affecting the rest of the activity's schedule.
- Apply filters to identify occurrences taking place during a certain date range and/or that are in conflict, during holidays, closed days or have been modified in the past. NOTE: Closed days/Holidays are configured via the Account>Calendar sub-tab.
Amilia informs you of staff and facility scheduling conflicts in the following scenarios:
- The facility and/or staff member is already scheduled to an activity at the same time;
- The facility and/or staff member's availability was not defined for that day; and/or
- The activity is in conflict with a holiday/closed day created via the Account>Calendar sub-tab.
If a scheduling conflict exists, a red icon appears in the info window. By clicking on it, a drop-down menu specifies what is causing the conflict. Click the icon to find out when.
When a conflict is identified, you may choose to:
- Save the activity anyways and correct the other conflicting activity. In the case of an availability issue, you can add the availability to the staff and/or facility schedule;
- Select 'Click here to save and modify the occurrence(s)'.
NOTE: At any time, you can save and return to modify occurrences within an activity by accessing the Schedule & Resources section and selecting 'Click here to modify the occurrence(s)'.
Modify the Occurrence(s)
Each instance of an activity can be viewed and edited by selecting 'Click here to modify the occurrence(s).'
In this view, occurrences with conflicts are identified with an icon. Click the icon to display the conflict information.
- Below, the 15th of December shows an issue with the staff member. Their availability has not been set for that day. Adding to the staffer's availability or choosing a different staff member will resolve this conflict.
- Be sure to address each conflict, if necessary.
- You may cancel an occurrence by checking 'Skip'.
- Click 'Continue' to save your occurrences.
NOTE: Most conflicts can only be identified if you've configured your Staff Availability and/or Facility schedules.