Amilia makes staffing and scheduling easier, enabling you to focus on what matters most: your services and participants.
Our staff scheduling functionality helps you to better manage your staff by creating a schedule for each one based on their availability. The Staff Management module allows you to:
- Assign tags, roles and rates to your staff;
- Create and view staff availability by day, week and month to aid in scheduling;
- Assign staff to activities and be alerted to availability conflicts;
- Review and send your 14-days period schedule; and
- Keep staff updated with their schedules in real-time with the Amilia app.
NOTE: An admin must have an 'Account Owner' or 'Level- 2 Manager' access level to see the Staff tab appear in their organization's Amilia account.
How it Works
Via the Staff Management>Staff sub-tab, you will be able to create .
- Enter your staff's email and click Next.
- If your staff does not have an Amilia account, create a new one by adding their First and Last name.
- If your Staff already has an existing Amilia account, choose the right person from the drop-down menu.
- Click on Create & Invite.
- An email will be sent to your employee to let them know they've been added to your organization as Staff. They will be invited to download the Amilia app for Staff.
NOTE: Once a staff member claims their account via the email invite, an organization admin can no longer make changes to the member's information. They can only add or delete availability.
If you no longer need a staff profile or a mistake was made while creating a new one, click on the staffer's name, scroll to the bottom and select Archive.
Reinstate an archived profile by filtering for archived profiles:
Click on the staffer's name, scroll to the bottom and select Unarchive.
NOTE: Archived staff do not have access to the Staff features in the Amilia app.
Assign a Role, Rate and Tags
Catalogue your staff for ease of filtering and identification using roles and tags. Hit Save once you’re done editing!
- Role: Identify your staffer's role within your organization. Create as many as needed!
- Rate: Specify your staffer's hourly rate. This rate is displayed in staff time sheets.
- Tags: Label skills or attributes that are specific to your staff member.
Take the guesswork out of knowing if and when your staff is available to work when assigning them to your activities. Amilia refers to your staff availability to keep you informed of any schedule conflicts.
- Click on the staffer’s name and select 'Try adding an availability now'.
- Name: Label the staffer’s schedule (ex: Fall Schedule, Weekend Schedule, etc.).
- Date Range: Click this field to determine the availability range (Start/End date). They must be consecutive days. Click outside of the calendar when finished.
- Configure the days/hours of availability within your date range.
- Add Additional Time Slots if you have varying availability on certain days of the week within the date range.
- To configure separate individual days, create a new availability range in the Staff>Edit Staff Member sub-tab.
- Save when finished. If you don’t require an availability, Delete it.
Once availability has been established, start assigning your staff to activities.
Build your staff schedules by assigning them to activities via the Activities>Edit tab.
- Choose an activity and scroll to the Schedule and Resources section.
- Click on an existing schedule or ‘Add a new one’.
- Click on ‘Assign Staff’ and a drop-down list will appear of your existing staff. Select as many staffers as needed.
- To assign different staff members to different days within the schedule, select 'Click here to save and modify the occurrence(s)'. Click here for more details about occurrences.
- Save your schedule and save your activity.
Amilia's fully flexible scheduling allows you to manage schedule conflicts (if any). In terms of staff, conflicts serve as an indicator to inform you of one of the following:
- Your staff is already scheduled for another activity at the same time; and/or
- You did not define your staff's availability for that day.
If your staff is already scheduled to another activity, you can edit any activity schedule entirely or change the staff assigned to the conflicting occurrence via ‘Click here to save and modify the occurrence(s).’
Click here to learn more about managing schedule conflicts.
The Staff>Schedule sub-tab allows you to quickly filter and view your staff schedules, so you can see who's busy, when.
There are two ways to arrive at the Schedule viewer:
- Via a staff member’s profile; and
- Via Staff>Schedule.
You will see a complete list of your staff and their bookings. View by day, week or month.
Use the filter fields by Name and/or Tags to view an individual staffer's schedule or to display staff members with specific tags.
Send all or selected staff their schedules at any time by clicking Send Schedules.
Emails will include schedule details for the Date Range specified. Feel free to include a message!
Staff can also view their calendar to find out when they're scheduled using the Amilia app!
When an administrator adds staff via the Staff Management>Staff sub-tab, an email is sent which directs the member to a page that explains the benefits of using the app and invites them to download it to their mobile device.
Click here for more information about Amilia's app for Staff!
NOTE: Staff hired via the Staff Recruitment module will not receive this email at this time.
- Time Tracking for your Staff
- Amilia App for Staff
- Staff Recruitment
- Scheduling Activities and Managing Conflicts