The first step to using Access Management is to create your controls which define the access parameters to your premises. You can monitor entry data based on memberships, activity check-ins/check-outs and account balances. Create as many controls as needed!
In this article you will learn about:
Via the Access Management tab, click +New control.
- Name the control for easy identification.
- Block a participant from entry if the client account is in arrears. The balance must be cleared before entry or check-in is possible.
- Check-out tracks when registered participants leave the premises after an activity.
- Track Responsible allows you to verify responsible persons allowed to pick up a child at check-out. The Check-out option must be enabled for this to work.
- Memberships are those that are required for entry. The participant needs at least one of the selected memberships if they're not enrolled to an activity.
- Eligible activities are those that apply to the control you're configuring. A participant must be enrolled in at least one of the activities you specify to be able to check-in.
- Save. You can edit, archive or unarchive your control(s) at any time.
Toggling any of these options impacts how your access control works. Read below to find out what you can expect from each.
Prevent a participant from entry or checking in if their account has a balance. Upon presenting their membership card (and Amilia ID), a notification appears if a balance exists. The balance needs to be cleared before entry and/or check-in is possible.
Scan or type a participant's Amilia ID to record the time they left the premises following an activity. Unlike checking in, the check-out feature must be toggled in your control in order to work. A client must check-in before they can check-out.
NOTE: The check-out feature works as shown in the Monitoring and Overview subtabs only. The Kiosk does not support the check-out feature. Only controls that include activities can track check-outs.
Track Responsible (Security Feature)
Administrators can view and track individuals responsible for picking up a child at check-out. Amilia refers to the child's contacts, which are managed via the client's account in the Account Members subtab. We suggest adding contact requirements on your registration form(s) to ensure the information is provided by the account owner.
NOTE: The Track Responsible feature works as shown in the Monitoring and Overview subtabs only. Only controls that include activities can support the Security feature.
Each control is individually managed and utilized through the use of Actions. It's important to distinguish the differences between the Kiosk, Monitoring and Overview subtabs.
Click here to learn more about overseeing entry to your premises using one or more of our access management solutions!
- Intro to Access Management;
- Check-in and Check-out your Clients;
- Manage a Client's Contacts;
- Membership Cards; and
- The Amilia App for End-Users.