In the case of memberships, clients may opt to using a printed membership. In the event a client does not have a physical membership on hand or the Amilia app, administrators can enter the Amilia ID manually.
First, create your access control(s). When completed, several actions are available:
- Kiosk: Grant entry to your facilities based on membership(s). A scanner is required.
- Monitoring: Monitor client balances, membership entry, activity check-ins/check-outs, track child pick-ups and update attendance lists. Applicable to memberships and activities. A scanner is optional.
- Overview: Summarizes registered participants, who has arrived and who has left at the end of an activity. Manually check-in/check-out using a keyboard and mouse.
Each action offers a unique way to manage access to your facilities. Click below to learn more about which one best suits your needs.
How it Works
1. The Kiosk
The Kiosk is a client facing screen that was designed with sports centers in mind. Organizations can set up an unattended scanner where clients simply scan their virtual or physical membership card and see on the kiosk screen whether access is granted or denied.
To enable the Kiosk, configure your access control in the following way(s):
- Choose at least one membership. The Kiosk works for memberships only.
- Block access for participants with a balance.
- You cannot use the Kiosk to monitor access for activities.
- NOTE: The Kiosk records a list of all those who have scanned their memberships. It does not perform the Check-In/Check-out function.
Along with your 2D scanner, you must set up a computer and screen to be made available to your customers. Click here to consult a list of scanners we recommend.
Once you're ready to start tracking entry, click on Kiosk in your control and click your cursor in the 'Scan your Amilia ID' field to start scanning!
When scanned, the client's membership card appears on the Kiosk screen and displays the participant's name, the membership expiry date and the access status.
- Access Granted: Clients will see a large green check mark appear, allowing them to gain entry to your facility. Clients must have a required active membership.
- Access Denied: A large X will appear on the client's membership card. The reason for Refusal is based on whether the client has a balance (if configured) or doesn't meet the membership requirements. Admin intervention is required.
- This code does not exist: An exclamation point appears when an invalid Amilia ID is entered. Admin intervention is required. If the Amilia ID is valid, try scanning again.
NOTE: Leaving the Kiosk screen logs you out of Amilia. This measure was put in place to prevent your clients from accessing your Amilia back-office. This is why we suggest hosting the Kiosk on a separate terminal.
The administrator (from another computer) can view and manage the access log by clicking the Access Management module and selecting the Monitoring action via the control.
The Monitoring subtab is suitable for any type of organization and is the principal screen used to view all check-ins/ check-outs, balances, and activity or membership details in participants' accounts. Administrators are present at the front desk and use a scanner or their keyboard and mouse to input Amilia ID's when clients arrive at the premises.
The Monitoring subtab is available for any control you create. Configure your control(s) in the following way(s):
- Add memberships and/or activities to your control.
- You can block participants with a balance.
- Check-out participants as they leave the premises.
- Track responsible if you want to keep track of individuals responsible for picking up a child. The check-out option must also be enabled.
- NOTE: When a control is linked to memberships only, you will not have access to the check-in/check-out nor the track responsible features. Only the date and time they were scanned will appear.
You may use a 2D scanner or stick with your keyboard and mouse. A separate terminal is not required as participants will be facing the administrator responsible for scanning or entering the Amilia IDs into the system.
Click the Monitoring action to monitor access to your premises per control. A record of each entry you make for that control via Monitoring, Overview or the Kiosk will appear in this subtab. It is the principal interface used to manage access and generate reports.
- By default, only the entries of the current day are displayed. To view previous entries, change the Start date or use the Add a filter drop down menu.
- Click Operations to generate access reports.
- Once an Amilia ID is scanned or typed in, the entry appears in the Monitoring log.
- Click the participant's name to jump to their account in the Clients tab.
Click on Lookup to search by name or email. Click your cursor once in the field before scanning or typing an Amilia ID:
Monitoring access with a control that includes memberships only:
- The subscription is valid if the participant holds an applicable membership.
- There is no check-in or check-out option for memberships. If the control includes an activity, you can choose entry for either the activity or the membership.
- The entry record appears in the Monitoring log.
Checking-in with a control that includes an activity:
- The subscription is valid if the participant is enrolled in an applicable activity.
- Check-in to record the date and arrival time. The entry appears in the Monitoring log.
- If a participant is enrolled to more than one applicable activity that takes place on the same day, click check-in for one and scan again to check-in for the other.
- Amilia alerts you if a participant is not enrolled in an applicable activity.
- The record is also saved in the Monitoring log.
Checking-out with a control that includes an activity:
- You must first have checked the participant in to be able to check them out.
- The record is saved in the Monitoring log.
Track Responsible when checking-out from an activity:
- The Check-out and Track Responsible options are toggled in the access control.
- You must check-in the participant to be able to check them out.
- Upon checking-out, a box appears listing the Primary, Secondary and Emergency contact(s) found in the child's profile under the Account Members subtab.
- The record is saved in the Monitoring log.
The Overview subtab displays participants expected to arrive for an activity and can also be used to manually perform check-ins and check-outs. It's a great way to see who hasn't left at the end of an activity, ensuring no child is left behind! Administrators are present at the front desk and may use their mouse or search by name to migrate clients.
Check-in and check-out data updates here whether you work via Monitoring or directly from the Overview subtab. It's an ideal check-in/check-out solution if you do not have a scanner.
- Pending: The list of registered participants expected on the day of the activity.
- Checked in: Find the client in the Pending list and click to move to Checked in.
- Checked out: Click on the client located under the Checked in column to migrate them to Checked out. When using the security feature, you will be redirected to the Monitoring subtab to track the Responsible. Remember to toggle the Check-out and Security feature in the access control to enable those features.
- NOTE: Check-ins and check-outs done via Monitoring will update in the Overview.
Every entry performed via Kiosk, Monitoring and/or Overview appears in the Monitoring log. You can generate reports per control via the Monitoring subtab.
- Via the desired control, click the Monitoring action.
- Specify your date range.
- Export access List provides the full list of entries for that control during the date range.
- Export late check-in/check-out report provides a list of individuals who checked-in after the activity start time and checked-out after the activity end time.
Activity check-ins automatically update the activity's attendance list. You can view attendance via the Activities>Registration>Applicable activity>Attendance list subtab.
- Intro to Access Management;
- Create your Access Controls;
- Access Management FAQ;
- Create Membership Cards; and
- The Amilia App for End-Users.