A MultiPass is used to register to activities and private lessons.
Amilia provides the means of selling access to eligible drop-in activities and private lessons in the form of a punch card, referred to as a MultiPass.
How it Works
- Modify a MultiPass
- View a Client's MultiPass
- Cancel a Registration made with a MultiPass
- Cancel a MultiPass
Before starting, visit the Activities tab and configure your drop-in activities that allow the use of a MultiPass. By selecting the MultiPass only option, clients will require a MultiPass to enroll to the drop-in. If you do not enable this option, a client can pay the price of the drop-in or use an eligible MultiPass.
NOTE: For private lessons, you'll specify in your MultiPass configuration which are eligible.
Here are important fields to consider when configuring a MultiPass.
Via the Memberships>MultiPass subtab:
- The Name and Description are visible in the store.
- Number of passes: How often can it be used to register to eligible activities?
- Status: Choose if clients can purchase it in the MultiPass section of your store. If the status is Hidden, clients are still prompted to select the MultiPass when a drop-in activity requires it for registration (e.g. MultiPass only).
- Note: Appears on the details of the MultiPass in the store.
- Which drop-in and/or private lesson activities are eligible with the MultiPass?
- Specify accepted modes of payment.
- Is a membership required to purchase the MultiPass?
The effective and expiration date affect the validity of your MultiPass.
Effective date: Determines the earliest activity occurrence date for which the pass is eligible. For example, if your effective date is June 1st, then you can only register to activities that are taking place no earlier than June 1st. You cannot register to an earlier activity occurrence in May.
- On date of purchase: Clients can use the pass to register to activities that are taking place as of the day it was purchased.
- On first use: Clients can use the pass to register to activities that are taking place as of the date of the activity for which they use it, regardless of when it was purchased. This means if a client uses the pass to register to a class on the 15th of September, the pass becomes effective as of that date. Essentially, the pass is effective as of the earliest activity occurrence that was registered to using the MultiPass.
- On a specific date: Clients can use the pass to register to activities that are taking place as of the day you specify.
Expiration: The day the pass expires. It also determines the latest activity occurrence for which the pass is eligible. For example, if your expiration date is Aug 31st, then you can only register to activities as long as they are occurring no later than August 31st. You cannot register to an activity occurrence in September.
- Never: Clients can use the pass to register to activities regardless of when the last occurrence takes place.
- After a time period: Clients can use the pass to register to activities as long as the last occurrence takes place within X time as of the effective date.
- On a specific date: Clients can use the pass to register to activities as long as the last occurrence takes place no later than the date specified.
When the effective date is set to On first use and the expiration to After time period it's important to understand the expected behavior.
- When the first class is booked (first use), the next class can be booked no earlier or later than the (X) time period specified.
- Once another class has been booked with the MultiPass, this locks the time period window. You cannot register to a class that occurs more than X after the earliest class occurrence. You cannot register to a class that occurs more than X before the latest class occurrence.
- The time window adjusts depending on when the earliest and latest class occurrence takes place. If clients cancel and rebook, the time window adjusts accordingly.
Below is an example of a MultiPass effective on first use with an expiration period of 6 months:
Scenario: A pass valid for 6 months is used to register to a class occurring on Sep 15th, 2019.
First use: Sep 15th, 2019
Time window: Classes that take place no earlier than Mar 15th, 2019 and no later than Mar 15th, 2020.
The MultiPass can be used for eligible classes taking place no earlier and no later than 6 months from the first use date (Sep 15th, 2019). This means that for now, the client can book classes occurring between Mar 15th, 2019 up until Mar 15th, 2020.
Scenario (cont): The same MultiPass is used to book another class on Jan 1st, 2020.
First use: Sep 15th, 2019 Latest activity booked: Jan 1st, 2020
Time window: Classes that take place no earlier than Jul 1st, 2019 and no later than Mar 15th, 2020.
Since the first use is on Sep 15th, 2019, the pass can be used to book classes occurring no more than 6 months later (Mar 15th, 2020). The latest class is now booked on Jan 1st, 2020. This locks the time window so that the MultiPass cannot be used to book classes occurring earlier than Jul 1st, 2019.
Scenario (cont): Using the same MultiPass, the client cancels the class occurring on Sep 15th, 2019 and books a new class occurring on Feb 1st, 2020. This means the earliest class taking place is now on Jan 1st, 2020.
First use: Jan 1st, 2020 Latest activity booked: Feb 1st, 2020
Time window: Classes that take place no earlier than Aug 1st, 2019 and no later than Jul 1st, 2020.
Now that the first use date has changed, the time window adjusts to the new dates. Since the first use has moved to Jan 1st, 2020, the pass can be used to book classes occurring no more than 6 months later (Jul 1st, 2020). The latest class is now booked on Feb 1st, 2020, which means the MultiPass cannot be used to book classes occurring earlier than Aug 1st, 2019. The 6-month time window must be respected.
There are 2 ways to purchase a MultiPass in your store:
- Via the MultiPass section: When a MultiPass is toggled to Visible, it becomes available for purchase in the MultiPass section of your online store.
- Via a drop-in: Upon selecting a participant to enroll, Amilia prompts the client to buy an eligible MultiPass if the drop-in accepts MultiPass Only as a means of registering.
Clients must buy a pass in the MultiPass section if they want to use it for private lessons.
When Visible, clients can buy the MultiPass in the MultiPass section of your online store.
- Clients can view the MultiPass' list of eligible activities and private lessons.
- Clients must first complete the purchase of the MultiPass before it can be used to register to drop-ins and/or private lessons.
The only time a client can purchase a MultiPass via a drop-in is when the activity requires a MultiPass Only for registration.
- When selecting a participant, if the drop-in requires a MultiPass they do not have, Amilia prompts them to purchase one.
- Clients must first complete the purchase of the MultiPass before it can be used to register to the drop-in.
Once clients purchase their MultiPass, it becomes available for use as of the Effective date you specify. Eligible drop-ins and private lessons must be occurring on or after the effective date if the MultiPass is to be used to register. If the MultiPass has an Expiration date, it cannot be used to register to activity occurrences that take place after the expiration date.
NOTE: If all the passes on a MultiPass have been used, clients can no longer use it to register to eligible activities. They must buy a new one. A MultiPass can be purchased more than once.
Here's how clients use a MultiPass to register to a drop-in:
- After choosing a drop-in date, click the number next to the pass to use it.
- NOTE: Instead of paying for the drop-in, Amilia refers to the client's eligible MultiPass.
- Click 'Continue' to register using the MultiPass. A successful registration box appears.
- There is no need to proceed through checkout.
- One pass is deducted. In this case, 4 passes (uses) remain on the MultiPass.
Here's how clients use a MultiPass to register to a private lesson:
- Once a participant is selected for enrollment, Amilia refers to their eligible MultiPass.
- If a participant has multiple eligible MultiPasses, they can scroll to the bottom of the page and choose which one to use.
- Book Now to finalize the registration. One pass is deducted.
Managing MultiPasses includes:
- Modifying a MultiPass;
- Viewing a participant's remaining passes;
- Cancelling a registration made with a MultiPass;
- Cancelling a MultiPass.
You can modify a MultiPass at any time. Changes are applied to new MultiPass purchases. Changes do not affect clients who already purchased the MultiPass.
Via the Memberships>MultiPass subtab:
- Change the Position of your MultiPass as it appears in your store.
- Modify to apply changes to new MultiPass purchases. Changes do not affect clients who already purchased the MultiPass.
- Delete a MultiPass if it has never been purchased and is no longer needed.
- Archive a MultiPass if is no longer needed. Clients who purchased the MultiPass will still be able to use their remaining passes. No new purchases of the MultiPass can be made while it is archived.
- Restore an archived MultiPass.
Click on the name of the MultiPass to view who has purchased it. Click on the participant's name to view the status of their MultiPass within the client's account.
Via the Clients>Account>Purchases subtab:
- MultiPasses are visible at the bottom of a participant's purchase list.
- View the participant's Remaining passes and Reservations.
- If you want to see the invoice for a MultiPass, click the Invoice button.
When a MultiPass is used to register to a drop-in and/ or private lesson, you may cancel the activity registration in the Client Billing tab or the Purchases tab within the client's account.
Via the Client Billing tab:
- Open the invoice details. Click Cancel/Refund items.
- Place a check mark next to the Reservation with MultiPass item.
- Choose if you want to give back the pass. This pass will be added to the total remaining number of passes left on the MultiPass.
- No credit or refund is processed as the activity was paid for using the MultiPass.
- A cancelled purchase record will appear in the Client Billing tab.
Via the Purchases tab:
- Scroll to the applicable participant's purchases and find the MultiPass.
- Click on Reservations and then Remove next to the activity.
- Give back the pass or remove it. By choosing remove, the pass is not added to the total of remaining passes.
- A cancelled purchase record will appear in the Client Billing tab.
Cancelling a MultiPass removes it from the client's account, including any activities the client registered in using the MultiPass. The client will no longer have the MultiPass, regardless if there were remaining uses.
Via the Client Billing tab within the client's account:
- Find the invoice with the actual MultiPass purchase. Click Cancel/Refund items.
- Credit the full amount or a percentage. You may also add an administrative fee.
- A cancellation record for the MultiPass and each upcoming activity registration that was done using the MultiPass will be visible in the Client Billing history.
- In the example below, a MultiPass was cancelled. Amilia automatically cancelled 3 upcoming activity registrations that were done using the (now defunct) MultiPass.